| PVT. TIM HALL: |
· Pvt. is short for Private in the military.
· Arg and His are considered semiessential.
· Alternatively: "MATT VIL PHLy".
| "Oh My, Such Good Apple Pie, Sweet As Sugar!": |
| KADE: |
| HIKIN': |
There is a HIgh K concentration INside the cell.
From this can deduce that the Na/K pump pumps K into cell and Na out of cell.
Alternatively: When I was learning this pump (circa 1992), a band that was "in" was Kris Kross, and a band that was "out" was "Sha Na Na Na":
So pump moves K K (2 K) in and Na Na Na (3 Na) out.
· Sadly, as infectious as their debut album was, Kris Kross can really no longer be classed as "in".
| "Goodness Gracious, Father Franklin Did Go By Picking Pumpkins (to) Prepare Pies": |
· 'Did', 'By' and 'Pies' tell you the first part of those three: di-, bi-, and py-.
· 'PrEPare' tells location of PEP in the process.
| "Oh Citric Acid Is Of (course) A SiLly STupid Funny Molecule": |
· SilLy and sTupid used to differentiate succinyL and succinaTe
| "The Rhythm Nearly Proved Contagious": |
· In increasing order:
| "A Lighter Lease" (A LyTr LeIs): |
A=AcetylCoA or Acetoacetyl CoA
| FABRY'S: |
Foam cells found in glomeruli and tubules/ Febrile episodes
Alpha galactosidase A deficiency/ Angiokeratomas
Burning pain in extremities/ BUN increased in serum/ Boys
YX genotype (male, X linked recessive)
| "Can I Keep Selling Sex For Money, Officer?": |
Hypervitaminosis A: signs and symptoms
| "Increased Vitamin A makes you HARD": |
Really painful bones
Dry skin/ Drowsiness
Golgi complex: functions
| "Golgi Distributes A SPAM": |
Distributes proteins and lipids from ER
Add mannose onto specific lysosome proteins
Sulfation of sugars and slected tyrosine
Add O-oligosugars to serine and threnonine
Modify N-ologosugars on aspara
Citric acid cycle compounds
| "Oh! Can I Keep Some Succinate For Myself?": |
| "KISS and KICK till you're SICK of SEX" (QISS and QIQ till you're SIQ of SQS): |
· This gives the G-protein type (Gq, Gi, or Gs) for all the receptors. Receptors are in alphabetical order:
| A FOLIC DROP: |
Folic acid antagonists
Low dietary intake
Infection with Giardia
Relative folate deficiency
Metabolic acidosis (normal anion-gap): causes
· With hyperkalemia: RAISE K+:
RTA type 4
Aldosterone or mineralocorticord deficiency
Iatrogenic: NH4Cl, HCl
"Stenosis": obstructive uropathy
· With hypokalemia: ReDUCE K+:
Renal TA type 1 and 2
Urine diversion into gut
Carbonate anhydrase inhibitor